Friends & Family
Want a creative night out with your friends? Do your employees need a lift? Are you looking for a unique party idea?
Grab your friends, work team or family and set up a one-of-a kind ceramic workshop to suit your personal interests.
Spark Special Events can host 8 to 20 guests at our studio and include all the tools necessary, expert instruction and firings. Or we can come to you!
Projects are suitable for all levels, focus on hand building, and follow a methodical art making process developed by Spark Ceramics. Our workshops guide students through an exciting and expressive art making process. No experience is necessary!
We love to customize our events… Bring us your ideas. This is a list of ideas to get you thinking.
If you’re looking for an original way to celebrate or define your wedding, there are several ways to bring a personal creative touch as a gift for special guests, decorations for the party, or focal points at the ceremony. We can also create a custom commitment art piece, such as a ketubah.
- Make centerpieces, ornaments for tables with your bridesmaids or friends.
- Work on a collaborative art piece as an activity at the shower.
- Happy Hours/ Bachelorette- Get creative before the night gets crazy…
- Work together with friends and family at the shower to create a gift for the bride and/or couple.
- Create original gifts for the wedding party or family.
- Design a personal gift that highlights the theme of the wedding.
- Semi-private workshop for the bride and groom, spend a few sessions with Spark Ceramics to design and construct gifts for their most special guests while having creative time together. Or create a commemorative art piece together that symbolizes their relationship and promises.
Kid Birthday Parties
Make this birthday an event that’s relevant, original and fun. We can tailor projects to themes, seasons or favorite characters.
Kid parties are a flat fee of $300.00 for 10 kids (8 and up). Each additional child is $20.00 with a limit of 16 children.
Party includes all the tools necessary, hands on demonstration/ instructions for the project of your choice (listed below), and the use of our space for 3 hours to host the event. 1½ -2 hours will be focused on the art making.
Firing and a clear glaze is an option for a fee of $120.00 per kiln load. You can bring your own food/ cake.
- Small Animals or Creatures
- Textural Pinch pots
- Name Tiles
- Coil bugs
- Flowers or Nature Mimic
- Or any project form our basic workshop
Adult Parties & Happy Hours
You can come to our studio, we can come to your space, or we can connect with one of our pop up partners to locate the perfect spot for your event. Pricing will mimic the custom workshop packages.
Other cool stuff we do…
- Baby Feet- Impressions in clay. A fun mother’s group activity!
- Paws in clay- dog paw impressions in clay. We can meet up at a dog friendly location to make a set of paw prints you can use as coasters, or display on the wall.
- Wheel Throwing- Small group or private lessons available.
- Glaze Only Workshop- Add color and design to a pre-made form.
- Seniors Special- Spark has experience working with the senior community and we love it! See custom events for pricing. Projects can be altered according to the needs and desires of the group.
- Volunteer Support- We can create a workshop for volunteer art parents that specifically focuses on ceramic art making coupled with teaching tips to equip them for the ideal auction item.
- Commemorative Art Projects that pertain to special people or events.
- Memorial Mosaic Murals
- Family Night- Commemorative and/ or personalized projects that bring the family or a few families together to spend time away from the routine. We can couple the art-making with a movie for the kids so that adults can focus on their own art.
Customize Your Own Event!
Basic Ceramic Workshop
2 hours, $60 per person, minimum of 8, maximum 20
Includes all the tools necessary, expert instruction, clear glaze and firings. Choose from the following project menu and let us know what themes you may want to incorporate. We’re happy to tailor the projects to suit your special event, and can take into consideration the time of year and age group.
- Thematic Tiles/ coasters
- Textural Pinch pots that can be small planters or containers.
- Decorative Trivets
- Dessert plates
- Amulets or Pendants or Beads
- Wind Chimes
* Travel charge will vary starting at $40.00.
Standard Ceramic Workshop
2- 2.5 hours, $70 per person, minimum of 8, maximum 20
Includes all the tools necessary, expert instruction, your choice of 2 glaze colors and firings. Choose from the following project menu and let us know what themes you may want to incorporate. We’re happy to tailor the projects to suit your special event, and can take into consideration the time of year and age group.
- Textural Pinch pots that can be small planters or containers
- Decorative Trivets
- Dessert plates
- Amulets or Pendants
- Press mold planters
- Vertical Planter Pocket
- Sgraffito dessert plates
- Small round or rectangle box
- Mugs/espresso cups or shot tumblers
2.5-3 hours, $75 per person plus hearty snacks and beverages that range from $18- $25 per person, minimum 8 people, maximum 20.
The premiere workshop entails everything about the standard workshop in terms of art making, but what make this experience extra special, is the attention to detail and the enhanced atmosphere that comes with an elegant spread of fine foods and delicious beverages. Depending on the day and time, Spark will provide seasonal tasty snack platters and a variety of wine, beer and/or spirits that will compliment the food. Design consultation fee for custom projects TBD on an hourly basis.
Gluten free menu available.